Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally some pictures... only 6 months after the trip!

Hello readers and fellow travelers.
I decided it was important to "show" everyone what I had been experiencing last semester in East Africa through some of my pictures from my travels. I know it has been quite some time since the semester, let alone since my last post, but I hope to keep this blog going as I know that I will return to East Africa soon (even though I have no exact plans yet)!

I'm going to be taking Swahili next semester at Johns Hopkins University in order to prepare myself for future travel, research, and gain the skills I will need to (crossing fingers) work in East Africa one day.

Alright enough talking. Enjoy the visuals!

An IDP camp we visited in Northern Uganda. Look how close the houses are to each other and you can get a picture of what living there was like for the Acholi people during the height of LRA violence.


Some of the local Gulu high schoolers showing us Acholi dances.


The Acholi Elders (part of the council) and Dr. William on the far right, at a lecture we attended in Gulu about the traditions of Acholi people (where we saw the dances above).


Back in Kampala: This is what the girls dressed "inappropriately" had to wear over their shorts and skirts in order to enter the Kasubi tombs. This is where a few of the Buganda Kings (th Kampala and central Ugandan people) are buried and their wives and children still live in mourning.


This is Kasubi Tombs.



Monkeys on the roof of a lodge/hotel we stayed in toward the end of the Rwanda portion.


Some lovely pics from Akagera National Park in Rwanda. I LOVE zebras and want to ride one so bad!




My sisters Rosette and Alice in the house where I stayed during ISP with some SIT gals!
This was my last night in Kigali so they came over for dinner and some photo ops.



More pictures to come!




1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! It's never to late to add to your travel (or home) story. Hope to see you soon, Kai!! xo

    ReplyDelete